MONSTER OPENING CAMPAIGN IN THE WEST, 1914
MINT IN SHRINKWRAP
Includes replacement charts from VUCASIMS
from the company blurb:
- Four map sheets (2x full size, 2x half size) for a total footprint of approx. 1.3 x 1.05m
- Two big foldable player aid sheets
- About 1.000 full size counters
- Ca. 350 smaller markers
- 8 small standalone maps for small scenarios
- One rulebook including lots of diagrams and examples of play
- One scenario booklet of 36 pages including 12 scenarios and an extensive 15 page example of play
- Numerous setup sheets
About the game
In August 1914 many French people were proud to fight for Freedom, against autocracy and pangermanism. Germans and French were confident of victory, the former would soon see themselves in Paris and the latter in Berlin, all of them knew the price of duty.
The vast majority of soldiers mobilized in August 1914 thought that the conflict would be swift and that they would return home for the harvest at the latest. It was with fervor and conviction that all of them took the "flower with the gun" to the battlefield. During the battles of the borders and the Marne, the losses amounted to more than 1,128,000 men of all nationalities, with about 293,000 killed.
- Were there any strategic errors?
- Was there a bad evaluation of the forces involved?
- Was there serious military incompetence on both sides?
- Or was it the macabre result of a brutal confrontation between two heavily armed military blocs?
With 1914 - Nach Paris you can try to find the answer to questions like these.
Finely modeled units of the belligerents, an accurate and representative topography of the theater of operations and the various fortified obstacles, the accuracy of the chronology of the disposition of troops and highly detailed logistical networks are modelled to faithfully simulate the first big confrontations of the Great War.
The Grand Scenario allows players on a relatively wide front and for a longer period of time to test strategic engagements with a very high degree of command autonomy.
Several shorter scenarios of varying size and length will also be included, such as the assault on Liege or the Battle of the Meuse.